Matrox Ships Feature-Packed HD-SDl Scan Converters for Mac
MONTREAL – April 12, 2012 — Matrox® Video Products Group today announced complete support for the Mac® with Matrox Convert™ DVI and Matrox Convert™ DVI Plus HD-SDI scan converters. All features previously available only on the PC are now available to all users.
Matrox Convert DVI scan converters let broadcasters easily and economically incorporate content from a computer, iPad®, or iPhone® into news programs. They are also the perfect appliances to drive projectors and large displays at live events and in houses of worship. These products are ideal for creating broadcast video from Mac and PC computer applications such as Skype™, YouTube™, Google Earth™, FaceTime®, media players, presentation software, and web browsers.
"We have listened to feedback from our customers requesting complete support for the Mac with our scan converters. This new release continues the Matrox tradition of adding value," said Charles P. Amyot, product manager at Matrox. “Content from applications such as FaceTime, Keynote, and ProPresenter for Mac can now be scan converted for broadcast using the Matrox Convert DVI products.”
Matrox Convert DVI products will be demonstrated at the 2012 NAB Show in booth SL5115.
Key features of Matrox Convert DVI products for Mac and PC
- Progressive DVI-I (Digital) input up to 1920 x 1200
- Digital outputs: HD/SD SDI with embedded audio
- Analog outputs: HD/SD analog component, S-Video, and composite video; RCA audio
- SD analog black burst (bi-level) or HD tri-level genlock with timing offset controls
- Simultaneous analog and digital video output
- Realtime hardware upscaling and downscaling with proper color space and aspect ratio conversion
- Advanced features such as an anti-flicker filter, customizable presets, password protection, and SD pixel aspect ratio compensation
- Stand-alone mode with input detection of any resolution with conversion to a pre-programmed output resolution
- Three-year hardware warranty and complimentary telephone support
Additional features of Matrox Convert DVI Plus
- Region-of-interest with snap-to-window support
- Flexible scaling and positioning of the output using a live preview window
- Background color selection including super black and super white for downstream keying applications
- Proc amp controls
- Hotkey-triggered output signal freeze/unfreeze
- Graphic overlay of PNG or TGA files to add a custom logo or graphic to the output
Price and availability
Matrox Convert DVI priced at $995 US (€799, £649) and Matrox Convert DVI Plus priced at $1,495 US (€1,299, £1,049), not including local taxes, are available through a worldwide network of authorized dealers. Software release 2.0 for Mac OS® is available to registered owners as a free download from the Matrox website.
Matrox Video Products Group is a technology and market leader in the field of HD and SD digital video hardware and software for accelerated H.264 encoding, realtime editing, audio/video input/output, DVD/Blu-ray authoring, streaming, A/V signal conversion, capture/playout servers, clip/still stores, and CGs. Matrox's Emmy award-winning technology powers a full range of content creation and delivery platforms used by broadcasters, post-production facilities, project studios, corporate communicators, videographers, and A/V professionals worldwide. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. For more information visit www.matrox.com/video.