* This warranty does not apply to Matrox DualHead2Go or TripleHead2Go, Matrox Mura MPX Series, Matrox Video Decoding Accelerator or Matrox Remote Graphics Units. For more information, please view the DualHead2Go warranty and the TripleHead2Go warranty, the Matrox Mura MPX Series warranty, the Matrox Video Decoding Accelerator Warranty, or the KVM Extenders Warranty. This warranty also does not apply to Matrox Display Controller Boards for Medical Imaging such products as, but not limited to, Matrox MED, RAD, AuroraVX, Onyx, EQUINOX, XENIA and TheatreVUE Series. For more information, please contact us via the Matrox Medical Imaging contact form, or contact your vendor directly. Specialized Applications products warranty information for ATC and Display Wall Controller products can be found here.
A. Limited Warranty Statement
1. Matrox Graphics Inc. ("Matrox") warrants to the end-user customer, who provides adequate proof of purchase that Matrox hardware products purchased from Matrox authorized dealers will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of three (3) years from the date of purchase. This warranty applies only to the original end-user purchaser and is non-transferable. Conditions and limitations of Matrox's warranty are stated below.
2. Matrox's limited warranty covers only those defects which arise as a result of normal use of the hardware and does not apply to any:
a. improper or inadequate maintenance;
b. incompatibilities due to the user's hardware or software applications with or in which the Matrox product interfaces;
c. product of a special or custom-made nature;
d. unauthorized modification or misuse;
e. improper installation, misapplication or negligence;
f. operation outside the product's environmental specifications;
g. improper site preparation or maintenance;
i. other causes that do not relate to a product defect;
j. defects or damage suffered as a result of force majeure (including theft);
k. defects or damage suffered as a result of normal wear and tear; and/or
l. stolen goods.
3. If Matrox receives, during the applicable warranty period, notice of a defect in a warranted hardware product and the defective Matrox product in question, Matrox shall at its sole option, either repair or replace the product, and shall return the repaired product or a replacement product within a reasonable delay. The replacement product may not be new, provided that it has functionality at least equal to that of the product being replaced.
4. This warranty is valid in any country where Matrox hardware products are distributed by Matrox or its authorized dealers.
5. This Limited Warranty Statement gives the customer specific legal rights. The customer may also have other rights which vary from state to state in the United States, from province to province in Canada, and from country to country elsewhere in the world.
B. Limitations of Warranty
1. NEITHER MATROX NOR ANY OF ITS THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS MAKES ANY OTHER WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO MATROX PRODUCTS. MATROX SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS (and the customer, by accepting the Matrox product, specifically accepts such disclaimer and waives) ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR OR INTENDED PURPOSE OR USE AND THE WARRANTY AGAINST LATENT DEFECTS, WITH RESPECT TO THE HARDWARE AND/OR SOFTWARE. MATROX FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY THAT MATROX PRODUCTS, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, WILL BE FREE FROM INFRINGEMENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR PROPRIETARY RIGHTS.
2. To the extent that this Limited Warranty Statement is inconsistent with the law of the locality where the customer purchases the Matrox product, this Limited Warranty Statement shall be deemed modified to be consistent with such local law. Under such local law, certain limitations of this Limited Warranty Statement may not apply to the consumer.
3. To the extent allowed by local law, the remedies provided in this Limited Warranty Statement are the customer's sole and exclusive remedies.
C. Limitations of Liability
1. EXCEPT FOR THE OBLIGATIONS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH IN THE LIMITED WARRANTY STATEMENT, IN NO EVENT SHALL MATROX BE LIABLE FOR:
a. any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, foreseeable or unforeseeable, or punitive damages, whether based on contract, tort, delict or any other legal theory and whether advised of the possibility of such damages; and/or
b. damages arising from the loss of use, data, production revenue and/or profit of in connection with the Matrox product or any business interruption.
2. Without prejudice to the foregoing, any liability of Matrox for any breach of warranty shall be limited to the amount paid by the customer for the defective hardware in question.
3. To the extent allowed by local law, Matrox's entire liability and the customer's exclusive remedy shall be the repair or replacement of any defective product during the warranty period. Matrox does not offer any other warranty with respect to Matrox hardware or software or any other hardware or software.
4. Customer shall be responsible for all applicable taxes, duties and customs fees on any replacement unit, as well as all transport, insurance, storage and other charges incurred on all returned products.
D. Obtaining Service
1. Verify that your Matrox product was installed and configured according to the information in its accompanying documentation.
2. Read the "Troubleshooting" information included with the Matrox product to see if you can solve the problem yourself.
3. If you are still experiencing difficulties, please contact your dealer where you purchased your Matrox product.
4. If you must return a Matrox product, leave the configuration as it was when you were using it, and leave all identification stickers on the product. Pack the product in its original box and return to your Matrox dealer where the product was purchased, together with your proof of purchase. Your Matrox dealer will return the product for you. Alternatively, if this first option is unavailable to you, you may contact the Matrox Technical Support group who will issue an Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number, upon receipt of adequate proof of purchase, and inform you of shipping instructions. DO NOT RETURN THE PRODUCT TO MATROX WITHOUT MATROX'S RMA NUMBER AND EXPRESS AUTHORIZATION.
This limited warranty shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Quebec, Canada and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein and the courts of the Province of Quebec shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear and decide any dispute instituted by the customer in connection with this limited warranty; the customer waives, by accepting the product, its rights to institute proceedings in connection with this warranty against Matrox in any jurisdiction other than Quebec.